|Posting Number: ||21-21|
|Job Title: ||Summer Crew - Paint; Maintenance Department (Temporary)|
|Closing date: ||06/25/2021|
|Closing time: ||04:00 PM|
| ||or until filled |
|Job Class: ||Classified|
|Job Hours: ||1.0 FTE|
|Salary: ||$15.63 per hour|
|Description: ||Posting: #21-21|
Posting Date: May 4, 2021
Position: Summer Crew - Paint; Temporary
Work Site: Maintenance Department
Hours/FTE: 8 hours/1.0 FTE; 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. or 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Date: Approximately June 21, 2021 – September 3, 2021
The nature of the available work during this period requires consistent and regular attendance. We recognize that there may be a need for a temporary summer worker to have time off during this period. In that event, it is required that a request is made in writing to the Maintenance Director and it will be considered based on the needs of the work required.
Salary: $15.63 per hour
- Work cooperatively with others, working independently and/or as part of a team
- Understand, interpret and follow instructions and to work with minimal supervision in the performance of duties
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform a high degree of physical work and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to climb ladders, scaffold, operate lifts, stretch and bend to perform work
- Experience with painting equipment helpful: Able to use (with guidance as necessary) paint brushes, rollers, masking machine, spray equipment, etc. Familiar with use of various types of paint (latex, oil, etc.) and proper clean-up procedures. Lead Paint license/certification preferred.
- Able to follow all safety regulations pertaining to equipment and personal safety
- Able to walk to various locations within the school district
- Able to work primarily in a standing position
- Possession of a valid Oregon Driver’s License
- Other related duties as assigned
Application Deadline: June 25, 2021; 4:00 p.m. or until filled
Application Screening Date: Beginning May 14, 2021
Ashland School District appreciates the diversity and worth of all individuals and groups and their roles in society. It is the policy of the Ashland School District Board of Education that there will be no discrimination or harassment of individuals or groups on the grounds of age, color, creed, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex or sexual orientation in any educational programs, activities or employment.
Family and Medical Leave Rights:
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER