Enrollment & Registration
Helman Registration Dates and Times:
|Disco Duck Day for Kindergarteners at Helman|
- August 9 8:00am - 4:00pm
- August 10 8:00am - 4:00pm
- August 11 10:00am - 6:00pm
To register for Kindergarten, students must be 5 years old by September 1, 2016.
Please bring your child's immunization record and birth certificate to registration.
How to register for RETURNING STUDENTS:
All new and returning students need to visit the school to register prior to the beginning of the school year. Please see the list below for documents required to register returning students in Ashland School District.
How to register for NEW STUDENTS:
- Registration Information Form- Returning students will make changes right on the form when you attend registration. New students can print and complete the form. Please read this Disclosures Form prior to signing the registration form.
- Student Health Inventory - Make sure you fill out both sides and sign
- School Reach contact information form - Please read this information on our attendance and emergency notification system
- Home Language Survey
- Application for free or reduced lunch - You can apply online by CLICKING HERE
- Fee: $20 student body fee - Cash or check made out to Helman School
- Deposit money for lunch account - Please pay separate from the school fee above, Cash or check made out to Helman School
- Families who have moved over the summer will need to provide Verification of Ashland Residence. Please bring the completed form with the required documents listed on the form
All new and returning students need to visit the school to register prior to the beginning of the school year. Please see the list below for documents required to register new students in Ashland School District.
All new and returning students need to visit the school to register prior to the beginning of the school year.
At Transportation we’ve spent the summer making some necessary updates and changes to your bus routes to make them more efficient and more rider-friendly. For more information regarding routes and the specific stop times, CLICK HERE
You may request a 'Zone Transfer' for your child to attend a school outside of your neighborhood.
Complete the Zone Transfer Request Form
and return it to District Student Services at 885 Siskiyou Blvd., Ashland, OR 97520. You can view the ASD Attendance Zone map
to identify your neighborhood school by using the zoom tool, which looks like a magnifying glass, to find your street.
If you are applying for the start of a new school year, please submit your request no later than the first week of August
. Determinations will be made after registration at all three elementary schools has been complete in the third week of-August. If you are applying after the school year has started for the current school year, complete the Zone Transfer Request Form below and return it to Student Service at the above address. You will receive a decision generally within two weeks. Decisions will be made based on available space and balance of class size across sites. The Director of Student Services may consider hardship among other factors. The Director’s decision is final and does not carry right of appeal.
Questions? Email Debra.Falk@ashland.k12.or.us
or call Student Services (541) 482-2438
Daily School Schedule
8:00 Students arrive at school
8:20 Classes begin and all students are in their seats
1:30 Wednesday dismissal
2:50 Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday dismissal
Kindergarten School Start Schedule:
August 29 - September 2 : Student visit classrooms (scheduled visits)
September 6th - 9th : 1st week of school, early release (8:20am - 12:30pm)
September 12th : Begin full days (Mon/Tues/Thurs/Fri 8:20am - 2:50pm & Wed 8:20am - 1:30pm)
2016-2017 School Supply Lists
Kindergarten Supply List
First Grade Supply List
Second Grade Supply List
Third Grade Supply List
Fourth Grade Supply List
Fifth Grade Supply List