Student Success Act
STUDENT SUCCESS ACT
Update 10/11/19 In cooperation with our local teachers, Ashland School District is now offering two separate survey options.
The Oregon Legislature passed and the Governor signed the $2 billion Student Success Act (HB3427) in the Spring of 2019. This is an historic and much needed investment in K-12 schools. Ashland could be able to access an estimated $2.3 million per year through a state application process.
School districts will be required to apply for funds. Districts must demonstrate engagement of the community prior to the application for funds. In March of 2018, the Ashland School District reached out to staff, parents and community members to assess our priorities and develop our 2018-23 Pathways to Excellence Strategic Plan. We plan to utilize our Strategic Plan, our Equity Policy and we need further feedback from our community in developing our grant proposal.
The state funds will have two purposes:
Please provide your feedback on either survey!
- Meet students' mental and behavioral health needs.
- Increase academic achievement and reduce academic disparities for:
During the month of October, we are seeking community engagement in two main areas:
- Students of color;
- Students with disabilities;
- Emerging bilingual students; and
- Students navigating poverty, homelessness, and foster care; and other students that have historically experienced disparities in our schools.
The Ashland School District's plan for gathering feedback includes:
In conjunction with our teachers, we are now offering two survey options for community, staff, students and families to provide input.
In person focus groups with families, students, and community members
- What is going well in Ashland Schools?
- What areas/services/programs could we improve?
Your Voice Matters! Two ways to Give Input!
1. Complete one of these brief surveys,
2. Plan to attend one of our Community Conversations:
- School Site Affinity Activity with District Staff
- Engagement during regularly scheduled parent and student events, including:
- Parent Night School Meetings
- Black American Student Success Family Meetings
Walker Elementary School Library, 364 Walker Avenue
- Monday, October 7, 2019 8:30 - 10:00 a.m.
Ashland High School Library, 201 S. Mountain Avenue
- Monday, October 7, 2019 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.
Ashland Middle School Library, 100 Walker Avenue
- Wednesday, October 16, 2019 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.