School Board Vacancy
The application window to apply for Position #2 is closed. Thank you for your help and support throughout this process!
Anyone interested in the filling the board vacancy must submit a Statement of Interest (see the bottom of this page for the link) no later than noon on Thursday, July 13, 2017. The application window will then be closed.
Position #2 of the Ashland School Board will be vacant as of June 13, 2017. It is the responsibility of the remaining four members of the board to appoint an Ashland citizen to serve the remaining two years of this term.
- June 12, 2017: board officially accepts resignation for position #2.
- June 26, 2017: informal Q&A with current board members for those interested in serving. (7:00 PM at the district office, 885 Siskiyou Blvd.)
- July 10, 2017: informal Q&A with current board members for those interested in serving. (6:00 PM at the Ashland city council chambers, 1155 East Main St.)
- July 10, 2017: Regular board meeting. (7:00 PM at the Ashland city council chambers, 1155 East Main St.)
- July 17, 2017: Board interviews applicants to fill vacant seat. Interviews will will begin at 1:00PM in the district office conference room.
- July 18, 2017: Board votes to fill vacancy at 1:00PM in the district office conference room.
- August 1 and 2, 2017: School board / District retreat (all day, location TBD). These two days are filled with focused time for the school board and superintendent to assess the past year and plan for the coming year.
- August 14, 2017: first regular board meeting with full board (7:00 PM at the Ashland city council chambers, 1155 East Main St.)
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions about the school board, including legal requirements and expectations.
Click here for the school board policy describing board powers and duties.
Click here for the school board’s operating agreement
If you would like to be considered to fill the current vacancy in the school board, and serve the remaining two years of the term, please complete and submit the Statement of Interest.