Open Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions

What do I have to do for open enrollment?
The only thing that must be done for open enrollment this year is to complete the Flexible Spending Account (FSA) Employee Enrollment Form. Even if you want to decline the benefit, the form must be completed and turned in by November 30th. Currently, this is an annual requirement. Copies of the form will also be sent to all office managers and available at your front office.

Is our insurance provider staying First Choice?
Yes, First Choice Health will remain our insurance carrier.

Do you receive all of your FSA money at the beginning of the calendar year on a debit card?
The Flexible Spending Account is front loaded onto a debit card. You will receive your annual enrollment amount in your Health Equity account in January. The entire amount is available to you on January 1, 2018. Contributions will be deducted from your paycheck in 12 monthly payments.
What happens to the money in my Flexible Spending Account (FSA) at the end of the year?
  • The last day to accrue expenses for your 2017 Health Equity FSA account is December 31, 2017. You have until March 31, 2018 to claim the funds for the 2017 plan year. The time between January 1st and March 31st is called the “run out” period.
  • You can rollover a maximum of $500 of your 2017 FSA. An account will automatically be created for you in 2018 with the unused funds.
  • Any amount above $500 not claimed by March 31, 2018 will be forfeited.
  • FSA accounts require annual elections. You must decline or enroll each year.
What about balances in the Dependent Care Accounts (DCRA)?
  • There is no rollover available for dependent care accounts. Unused funds will be forfeited.
  • All 2017 funds must be expensed by December 31, 2017 and claimed by March 31, 2018.
How do I find out my balance on my FSA or DCRA accounts?
  • Call 1-877-123-4567 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
  • Get the Health Equity Mobile app for your phone. It’s available through iTunes or Google Play.
  • Log on to
Do FSA and DCRA accounts reimburse the same?
  • FSA accounts are front loaded. The yearly amount elected will be available to you on January 1, 2018. Example: You elect an annual amount of $1,200. You receive 12 paychecks per year. $1,200 would be available on January 1, 2018. Each month starting with your January 31, 2018 paycheck you will have $100 taken out of each paycheck pre-taxed.
  • The maximum reimbursement you can get is equal to the current account balance in your DCRA account. Example: you choose a monthly deposit of $100. The $100 will not be available to you until the 1st of February after it has been deducted from you January 2018 paycheck. The care that your dependent received in January can then be reimbursed after February 1st.
How do I add my domestic partner to my health insurance?
There are special forms that you and your domestic partner need to fill out and sign before you can add a domestic partner to your health insurance. For additional information and to obtain forms, please contact Sue Herring in Employee Benefits, at 541-201-3246 or

Today's Events - Friday October 19 2018
Boys Varsity Football
South Eugene HS
- 7:00 PM
Upcoming Events - Saturday October 20 2018
Girls Junior Varsity Volleyball
Thurston HS
- 12:00 PM
Girls JV 2 Volleyball
Thurston HS
- 12:00 PM
Boys Junior Varsity Soccer
Crater HS
- 1:00 PM
Girls Varsity Volleyball
Thurston HS
- 1:15 PM
Girls Junior Varsity Soccer
Crater HS
- 3:00 PM
Girls Varsity Soccer
Churchill HS
- 4:00 PM
Boys Varsity Soccer
Churchill HS
- 6:00 PM
Employee Corner
Ashland Schools Foundation
Be an ASD Volunteer
Ashland School District - © 2018 All Rights Reserved   |   Printer friendly version   |   Site by Project A   | 
Bookmark and Share