Walker Grant Program
The Walker Grant Program came about in 2012 with the help of former PTO members and Walker Parents. Our success at raising funds for the purpose of enhancing our children’s education had become so successful we were challenged to find new ways to offer support to the School Community.
Teachers and Staff members can use a quick and easy grant application to provide information about the project/field trip they would like funded. The application goes to the Principal for approval and once approved is voted on at the next PTO meeting.
Grant Application Guidelines
Walker PTO is excited to have been able to approve the following Grants:
- Oregon Battle of the Books- Books and T-shirts
- Siskiyou Field Institute 4th grade overnight trip
- Scienceworks 2nd grade field trip
- Zoo Snooze 4th grade overnight field trip to Portland Zoo
- Learn to Read take home books for Kindergarten
- Jet Boat 5th grade field trip
- Farm to School Kindergarten field trip
- Pumpkin Tye Dye T-shirts for 1st graders
- Backdrop for 4th grade Westward Movement Play
- Bird Silhouette ID project in front of school