Rotary Intl' Youth Exchange
Rotary International Youth Exchange
ROTARY DISTRICT 5110
SHORT-TERM (FAMILY TO FAMILY) YOUTH EXCHANGE SUMMER PROGRAM
Short-term (Family to Family) Youth Exchange Summer Program is a less formal program than the full school year Rotary Youth Exchange program. For the short-term program, students and their families are matched with a student and family overseas. During the summer break, the U.S. student spends one month overseas, and then the two students return to the U.S. home for a month, or visa-versa. For those accepted into the program, a program fee of $350 covers the matching service, insurance, training sessions, and a program shirt. The families are responsible for all other costs, including transportation. At this time, Rotary districts in the following countries are possible destinations for Short Term Exchanges. Countries that our Rotary District 5110 have had the most exchanges with are in bold:
Here is how the Short Term process works:
2. Completed applications and all attachments should be submitted electronically to:
Rotary Clubs of Ashland
℅ Emile Amarotico
3. Your local Rotary clubs will schedule and interview student applicants along with their parents to select program participants in December.
1. Students and their parents must attend an orientation meeting held in Roseburg (TBA). Students will have a chance to network other Short Term Exchange peers from around the District.
2. Additionally, students are encouraged (but not required) to attend the Rotary District Conference in Bend (TBA).
● Rotary International: The world's first service club organization with more than 1.2 million members in 33,000 clubs worldwide. Website: www.rotary.org
● Rotary District 5110: Includes 73 clubs in the southern two-thirds of the state of Oregon and the very northern part of the state of California. Websites: www.district5110.org.
Two Ashland Rotary Clubs:
● The Rotary Club of Ashland: Approximately 125 members. Meets every Thursday at 12 noon at the Wesley
Hall, First Methodist Church.
○ Website: www.ashlandrotary.org
○ Short term Youth Exchange contact: Emile Amarotico: ABSAshland@gmail.com
● The Rotary Club of Ashland-Lithia Springs: 50 members. Meets every Tuesday at 7 AM at the Community Center on Winburn Way.