Summer Programs & Opportunities
Lomakatsi Restoration Project - Ashland Watershed Youth Training & Employment Program - Lomakatsi Restoration Project is once again inviting local junior and seniors to gain summer employment, hands-on workforce training, and educational experiences in ecosystem management through the Ashland Watershed Youth Training & Employment Program. CLICK HERE for the Application for Employment.
SOU Summer Opportunities -
We have many summer opportunities for High School students, some for college credit. We also offer College Prep Institute
specifically for high school students ages 14-18.
Rotary's Youth Leadership Academy - The Rotary Youth Leadership Academy, a six-day SUMMER LEADERSHIP CAMP put on by Rotary International, a service organization that helps people in our community and internationally. Camp consists of 144 high school students, 24 college counselors, as well as facilitators and Rotarians. Students learn about leadership, organization, teamwork, and how to make presentations. There are many opportunities for FUN, including outdoor challenge activities, campfires and skits!
Ashland Parks Youth Conservation Corps
- Spend a week this summer participating in restoration and riparian work in Ashland's parks and trails.
UWC-USA Summer Programs
- United World College (UWC)
is a private high school consortium with 15 campuses around the globe. Each campus has students from many countries. The purpose of the school is to bring peace and sustainability through education. The students spend much of their time in the wilderness, learning a curriculum called Constructive Engagement of Conflict, and doing service learning in the local community.
Ashland High Arts Advocates
- SUMMER ENRICHMENT SCHOLARSHIPS
for Fine Arts and Performing Arts Students Scholarships are open to current
grade students who will enroll in an AHS arts elective (art, fiber arts, woodshop, digital media, music or drama) during the 2016-2017 school year.
AHS Summer Outdoor Program (SOP) -
Summer Outdoor Program, wilderness backpacking, applications are available in the front office. This summer program offers 1 school credit
for your participation in a 9-day backpacking trek and accompanying preparations and clean up. As an SOP participant you will learn to live in the back-country, evaluate your relationship with the environment, get in good shape and make new friends. Expect the program to challenge you mentally, physically, and emotionally and be exhilarating! You will have plenty of opportunity to learn about yourself and wild places.
Three trips are available for this summer. We encourage alumni to spread the word and to reapply for another great experience. The programs have a limited number of spots, so please get your applications in ASAP! Program contacts, applications, and more information are available at the front office.
2016 Summer Internship Program
- Do you like science? Enjoy working with kids? Science Works is offering a limited number of summer internships for students, ages 14 and older, who are interested in science, developing new skills that can be applied personally and professionally, having fun and giving back to the community.
Assist with a summer day-camp for kids ages 4-12
Lead hands-on activities in the museum
Gain experience in science and education
Complete 50 community service hours and get a letter of recommendation
Applications available in the main office!
Lomakatsi Summer 2016 Ashland Watershed Youth Training and Employment Program
- Using the Ashland Watershed as an outdoor laboratory, 20 juniors and seniors from Medford, Phoenix, and Ashland High Schools will spend a month, starting in mid-July, exploring and experiencing career paths in natural resource management. During this four-week program, participants are paid $10 an hour to conduct restoration projects under the guidance of Lomakatsiís workforce trainers and guest natural resource specialists. More information and applications are now available on our website (http://lomakatsi.org/ashland-watershed-youth-training-and-Ö/
). The deadline for applications is May 9th, 2016
. We encourage all interested students to apply.
- Full day, in depth experiences for campers entering Middle and High School who are interested in aviation, astronomy, or the making of electronics.