Group Health Plan
GROUP HEALTH PLAN (pre-tax or post-tax benefit)
Notice: The Ashland School District Group Health Plan
follows the requirements of the Affordable Care Act.
- All certified employees working 20 hours or more per week and a minimum of ten months per calendar year qualify for medical/dental/vision.
- All classified, confidential and supervisor employees working 20-29.99 hours per week and a minimum of ten months per calendar year qualify for medical only.
- All classified, confidential and supervisor employees working 30 hours or more per week and a minimum of ten months per calendar year qualify for medical/dental/vision.
- All classified, confidential and supervisor employees working 30 hours or more per week and a minimum of ten months per calendar year qualify to add spouse, children and/or family coverage.
- Classified employees only - may opt-out of the group health plan and receive a $200 per month cash incentive with proof of coverage through another plan. Opt Out Form
Medical coverage is provided by First Choice Health. First Choice Health provides access to claims and benefit information through our member portal, myFirstChoice. Upon receipt of your ID card you can access myFirstChoice by going to www.fchn.com and clicking on the ‘Register’ link. For step by step directions on how to register in the member portal, CLICK HERE. For step by step directions on how to find a provider, CLICK HERE.
Medical Coverage Changes for 2019:
- Outpatient office visit co-payments for Alternative Care, Mental Health, Chemical Dependency and Outpatient Rehabilitation (PT, OT, ST) will be lowered to $25.
- Only new members will receive ID cards to be used beginning January 1, 2019. Each enrolled member receives their own card. If you currently have an ID card, you will not be issued a new one for 2019.
- Complete the FCH Enrollment Form and the Pre-Tax Benefits Deduction Authorization Form if you are enrolling or making any changes to your current benefits.
- View the benefit summaries below to access your in-network and out-of-network benefits.
- There will be a $15 increase in out-of-pocket premiums for family coverage only, beginning January 1, 2019, for the Classified, Confidential and Supervisor group. Family coverage will increase from $209 per month to $224 per month.
Vision Coverage Changes for 2019:
- There are no changes to vision benefits for 2019
Pharmacy Coverage Changes for 2019:
There are no changes to pharmacy benefits for 2019
Mail Order Program and Copays:
Medimpact: Medimpact Direct offers custom delivery service for your maintenance medications - the ones you take regularly for chronic or long-term conditions. This new delivery option gives you flexibility in payment options, how your prescriptions are ordered and where they are delivered. Find out how to get started, download a medication order form, or get more information at medimpactdirect.com
- $30 for generic products (90 day supply)
- $80 for preferred brand products (90 day supply)
- $120 for non-preferred brand products (90 day supply)
- $160 for specialty products (90 day supply)