GIRLS MATCH SCHEDULE TBA
BOYS MATCH SCHEDULE TBA
Head Coach - Boys: Tom Barrett
Head Coach - Girls: Aidan Jones
Assistant Coach: Lee Nagareda
Assistant Coach: Martha Jones
Assistant Coach: Jennifer Ferreira
To me golf is one of the most extraordinary games because it allows the individual to learn and rise to their challenges continually. At the high school level, the student athlete can develop and improve while also being part of an exciting team competition representing school and community. I am looking forward to coaching your student athlete to become a better golfer and have a positive experience throughout the season. Please feel free to contact me at any time. I look forward to getting to know everyone involved with the Ashland High Golf Club.
Head Coach - Girls AHS Golf
For a printable Golf Club Membership Form, CLICK HERE
Practice information: We practice rain or shine, so please be prepared and dressed appropriately.
Red days: 4:00 – 6:00 @ Oak Knoll
White days: 4:00 – 6:00 @ Oak Knoll
Inclement weather may require practice to be held at the AHS Gymnasium. Please notify coach if you are going to miss practice or will be late for any reason.
Cell Phone Policy: Cell phones may be used before or after practice and may not be used on the golf course at any time unless of emergency. Players will not have cell phones available during tournament play to prevent disqualification.
Practice equipment and attire:
Athletic shoes (required) or Golf Shoes
Water and snacks
Tournament equipment and attire:
Rain pants and Jacket
Long sleeve shirt or turtle neck
Golf shoes (soft spikes only)
Water and snacks
Optional: Golf glove, hat or visor, sweater/vest, sunscreen
AHS GOLF GUIDELINES:
AHS PRACTICE GUIDELINES:
All players must meet a certain standard before going out to play actual golf
- Appropriate attire must be worn at all times while on the golf course.
- Modest apparel (if your attire is considered inappropriate, you will be asked to leave practice or the event.)
- Includes collared or dress shirts.
- Dress shorts, pants or capri’s.
- Golf/athletic shoes (no sandals, flip flop’s, boots, UGG’s or heeled shoes.
- Swearing or horseplay on the course will cause you to be subject to disciplinary action. May include one or more of the following:
- Dismissal from team
- Match suspension
- Practice suspension
- Travel suspension
- Cheating will cause you to be dismissed from the team.
- Varsity Tournaments: There will be 5-6 starting positions depending on the tournament. Players selected to compete in each tournament will be determined from best scores in a practice round the day before the tournament.
- JV Tournaments: All golf team members will have numerous opportunities to compete in 9 hole JV tournaments on their home course as well as away.
- In order to earn a Varsity letter, a player must have posted a score in several varsity matches in a single season. This privileged award is given at the coach’s discretion and based on play as well as sportsmanship.
- Golf Practice/Competition and Academics – Any golfer on the ineligible list released by the AHS athletic office will not practice/compete with the team until he/she has a signed note from her teacher, academic coaches or AHS athletic office that her grades in question have been remedied.
. This rule will be ignored for players that have a handicap established or have previously shown ability to play golf within the golf course time guidelines.
Driving range will be open to all golfers and range tokens will be available from coaches.
Before playing holes on the course, athletes must be able to:
Daily practices will include:
- Demonstrate ability to hit consistently at range with understanding of club distances.
- Basic understanding golf rules and scoring.
- Ability to chip/putt certain amount of times consistently and timely.
- Demonstrate ability to play a practice hole under a certain amount of time. It is important that our golfers understand that speed of play is important.
- Driving range practice including games*
- Chipping green practice including games*
- Putting practice and games*
(games* = head to head competition)
- Course play in groups
- Individual training with coaches