The 2019 Spring track season is starting soon!
The AMS Track season will begin on Monday, March 4th, with a brief meeting after school. Please join us in the middle gym for the following:
All 6th-8th graders are eligible to join track. The ONLINE registration can be found on the district website at: www.ashland.k12.or.us. Once you are there, choose Ashland Middle School, then click on the athletics tab and follow the procedures to register. $10 Sports Physicals are available to AMS students at the Ashland High Health Center. They are open every school day from 7:45—3:30. Call 541-482-7677 to make an appointment.
Practice is after school each day from 3:15-4:45. Please note the exceptions to this below:
- Meet the coaches
- Make sure you are cleared for participation
- Receive paperwork, such as the tentative schedule, pre-excused forms, and more.
- All 6th-8th graders are eligible to join track.
Volunteers needed for HOME track meets
The time of year when the sun comes out, it starts to warm up, and track gets into full swing is HERE!
- NO Practice, Friday, March 8th, due to an AMS after school event
- Optional practice, Monday, March 11th, during the school in-service day (same time as usual)
- SPRING Break - NO practice, March 25 - April 1st.
In order to put on quality track meets here at the middle school we need your help. Don’t worry you don’t need experience,
we will train you. The following is a list of volunteer jobs:
· Timers-Be at the finish line for all races. It’s useful to have prior experience, but not necessary.
· Recorder-Record the places and times of each race at the finish line.
· Scorekeeper-Process the results for race and field events, keep track of times/finishes, provide current team scores.
· Announcer-Announce all of the upcoming events so that athletes can be on time.
· Starter-Start each race. Previous experience is helpful.
· Long Jump Official-Measure and record jump attempts, rake the sand back into place between attempts.
· Discus Official-Assure they made legal throws. Measure and record their discus throws.
· High Jump Official-Set the high jump bar, determine if jumper clears the bar. Measure and record their heights.
· Shot Put Official– Assure they made legal throws. Measure and record their shot put throws.
Thanks so much for considering to help our track team this season. Jim Hagemann, Head Track Coach Please email me if you can help us out: email@example.com
Jim Hagemann - Head Coach