Early College Credit
Ashland High School students can begin their college education in high school and graduate with a Rogue Community College and/or Southern Oregon University college transcript. Students have the option to register for SOU ($43 per credit) or RCC (FREE) credits when they take early college credit eligible classes available at AHS (see link below for full list of classes). Please note that for some classes, such as AP U.S. History, students have the option of applying for RCC or SOU credit.
RCC and SOU have teamed up to bring high school students this video about earning dual credit courses while in high school. Dual credit courses are college classes taught in the high school where students earn both college credit and high school diploma credit at the same time. Students save an enormous amount of money, leave high school with a college transcript, save time towards their future certificate or degree, and get accustomed to college courses and rigor early. RCC's COLLEGE NOW classes are free to students and SOU classes are discounted. Visit www.roguecc.edu/pathfinder or www.sou.edu/youth/asc to find out more information, and talk to your high school counselor.
Registration for Advanced Southern Credit (ASC) for SOU is now under way. If your student is currently taking one (or more) of the courses listed below, we would like you to be aware that they have this opportunity. The classes listed are just for the fall quarter.
The deadline for ASC registration forms and payments to be submitted for Fall is October 2, 2017. The online registration link for ALL registration and payment information is https://inside.sou.edu/youth/asc/index.html
- Registration forms must be completed online. Students may print out a copy of their form for their records.
- Students WILL need the course reference number (CRN) for their class on their registration forms. A complete list of all Fall term courses and corresponding CRNs will be linked to the website on September 15th. .
- You do not need to sign student registration forms.
- ASC tuition ($43 per credit) may be paid online, by check or in cash at the addresses found on the attached instructions and on the website.
- Tuition waivers are available to students who qualify for free/reduced lunch at a rate of $5.00 per credit or $20 for a 4 credit course. Please have potentially eligible students talk to their teacher to find out about this option before registering online.
Click on the links below to learn more about qualifying courses and how to register.
2017-2018 Early College Credit Courses Offered @ AHS
Rogue Community College Dual Credit
SOU Advanced Southern Credit
Questions? Visit our academic counselors in the Counseling Center for more information.