Update on ASD Coronavirus Preventative Protocols
Greetings Ashland Schoolsí Families,
I am writing with an update on the steps Ashland School District is taking to address concerns about the Coronavirus (COVID-19). There have been no confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Jackson County; however, with the recent confirmed cases in northern Oregon, ASD is taking steps, and putting protocols in place now to reduce the risks if an outbreak does occur in our area.
ASD continues to work closely with Jackson County Health and Human Services. If there are any presumptive or confirmed cases of COVID-19 anywhere in Jackson County, the Health and Human Services department will notify the district immediately, and we, in turn, will update staff and families through email as well as posting updates on the district website. Click here to go to Jackson County Health's website.
Besides working with health authorities, we are taking preventative steps throughout the district and asking families for your support as well. Please review the attached FAQ sheet for information about COVID-19, symptoms of illness, and specific practices and protocols the district has put in place to prevent itís spread. COVID_19 FAQ.pdf
Some preventative measures the district is taking include:
Some steps we hope families will take at home include:
- This week all ASD schools and school buses will be cleaned and disinfected using disinfectants and protocols recommended by the CDC.
- Schools and buses will be cleaned regularly using similar disinfecting protocols, with a focus on frequently touched surfaces throughout this period of heightened concern.
- Each classroom is receiving a supply of disinfecting wipes for cleaning surfaces during the day, hand sanitizer, and sterile gloves to be used as needed.
Please review COVID_19 FAQ.pdf for more information.
- Keep sick students at home. The best way to prevent the spread of any virus is to stay home when we are sick, especially with a fever.
- Please notify your school if your student is experiencing flu-like symptoms. During this period, we may request a little more information to help us identify steps we may need to take at school.
Director of Human Resources & Communication
Ashland School District