Community Forum; Briscoe Property DiscussionWe Want to Hear From You!
In 2003, Briscoe Elementary School was closed due to declining enrollment in Ashland School District. Since then, the property and building have been leased to tenants, including the Oregon Child Development Center and the Ashland Artisans Guild, among others.
The Ashland School District is currently reviewing all properties and assets, both in preparation for a potential bond issue in 2018 as well as to identify areas where we can better serve our students. We want to ensure that we are using your money and resources in accordance with the priorities and needs of the entire school community. For this, we need your help!
: A community forum to discuss the history and future of the Briscoe school property
: May 4, 2017 from 7:00 PM until 8:30 PM
: The Ashland High School Library
Please come share your thoughts and ideas with the Ashland School District administration. We will cover…
What we know…
What we are waiting to get…
- The history of the Briscoe property
- The current revenue and estimate of expenses for the property
- A rough estimate of the deferred maintenance for the building
- The most recent (February 2017) demographers report with a 10-year forecast for Ashland attendance
What we need to hear from you…
- An updated estimate for maintenance and repair costs from an engineering firm (expected June 2017)
Questions or Ideas?
- Your thoughts, ideas, feedback, stories…anything that will help us make the best decision possible for all Ashland students!