|Posting Number: ||16-185|
|Job Title: ||Summer Paint Crew, Maintenance Department (TEMPORARY)|
| ||OPEN UNTIL FILLED |
|Job Class: ||Classified|
|Job Hours: ||Full Time|
|Salary: ||$12.82 per hour|
|Description: ||Posting: #16-185 |
Posting Date: April 13, 2017
Position: Summer Crew - Paint; Temporary
Work Site: Maintenance Department
Hours/FTE: 8 hours/1.0 FTE; 6:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Date: June 19 – August 18, 2017
The nature of the available work during this period requires consistent and regular attendance. We recognize that there may be a need for a temporary summer worker to have time off during this period. In that event, it is required that a request is made in writing to the Maintenance Director and it will be considered based on the needs of the work required.
Salary: $12.82 per hour
- Work cooperatively with others, working independently and/or as part of a team
- Understand, interpret and follow instructions and to work with minimal supervision in the performance of duties
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Perform a high degree of physical work and frequently lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to climb ladders, scaffold, operate lifts, stretch and bend to perform work
- Experience with painting equipment helpful: Able to use (with guidance as necessary) paint brushes, rollers, masking machine, spray equipment, etc. Familiar with use of various types of paint (latex, oil, etc.) and proper clean-up procedures. Lead Paint license/certification preferred.
- Able to follow all safety regulations pertaining to equipment and personal safety
- Able to walk to various locations within the school district
- Able to work primarily in a standing position
- Possession of a valid Oregon Driver’s License
- Other related duties as assigned
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled
Application: Apply on-line: www.ashland.k12.or.us
In the Ashland School District, we believe that diverse ideas, cultures and traditions reflect the broad diversity of the nation and enrich our insights into the work we do, providing a rich educational environment for the children of our community.